· The New Yorker Festival, says the New York Observer, is Fashion Week for people who read. I guess that counts us out.
· Free booze and the opportunity for shameless, alcohol-induced, New Yorker Festival star-fuckers. Count us in for that, at least. All at the Leaf Lounge tonight, 913 Broadway.
· Do you enjoy seeing idiot rock stars do idiot things on Behind the Music as much as we do? If so, be sure to check out Dig!, the award-winning documentary following the doomed friendship between the Dandy Warhols and the Brian Jonestown Massacre, which opens tonight at the Sunshine theater.
· Tokion mag s poor man s New Yorker Festival, Creativity Now, kicks off today at Cooper Union.
· White hip-hop hipster RJD2 performs for all the other white hip hop hipsters in Williamsburg.
· Gang Gang Dance, Avey Tare of Animal Collective, and Frog Eyes do whatever it is they are wont to do tonight at Rothko.
· How many gigs does it take to get for the viewing public to officially get sick of you? Ask Franz Ferdinand after Sunday night, when they play for about the 11th time in the past 2 months.
· Media critic and NY Observer darling Eric Alterman (heh), Slate culture editor Meghan O Rourke and others join former Mediabistro editor Jesse Oxfeld for a panel discussion titled Is there life after Rupert Murdoch? at P.S. 122. Can you think of a better excuse to get drunk on the day of rest?