· John Sayles and Howard Zinn take yet another turn on the politicking meri-go-round tonight at the New York Society for Ethical Culture. If you haven't gone before, we're pretty sure you're not going now.
· Fuck actually going to tonight's Death Cab for Cutie/Pretty Girls Make Graves double-bill at Roseland. From the looks of it, you can totally score some primo drugs and/or underage sex if you have an extra ticket. Seems like a good trade and you can see the bands some other time.
· The Section Quartet perform a string version of Radiohead's OK Computer. The stoners enjoy.
· Put on your dancing shoes: German Pitchfork darlings Mouse On Mars take their electro-rock hybrid sound to Bowery Ballroom tonight.
· We're not quite sure what to make of this P.S. 122 event, but it's sponsored by "Uncle Jimmy's Dirty Basement," which has us intrigued. It also promises music, film, and general mayhem. Sounds good to us.
· Laugh at the fact that you probably have a better career than Ben Affleck after his latest "film," Surviving Christmas. The over/under on Defamer's box office tabulation? We're gonna go with "less than your standard UES penthouse." Without furniture.
· Two words: Desperate Housewives.