· Freitagnachtmusik: Nerf Herder, The Orange Peels, and Le Rev at Spaceland; Electrelane and Be Your Own Pet at the Troubadour; The Blood Brothers and (the presciently named) Plot to Blow Up The Eiffel Tower at the El Rey.
· Jerry "Permanent Midnight" Stahl and others read from The Cocaine Chronicles at Skylight Books. Wasn't Stahl more of a heroin guy?
· Saturday Night's Alright For Music: The Makers at Spaceland, Phantom Planet and The Like at Downtown Gallery; The Adored at the Knitting Factory.
· A reader's convinced us that the "Portraits" Exhibition at BambooLane/Revisited is worth some eyeball time, so check it out here.
· It's Father’s Day! If you finally find him, maybe you can bond over brunch or a round of golf. We hear fathers like that stuff. Otherwise, drinking alone has always worked for us.
· One of our writing heroes, TC Boyle, will read do a reading with daughter K. Kvashay-Boyle at the Hammer Museum.