A series of questions raised by last night's premiere of Fox's ridiculous and ridiculously addictive action series, 24:
• Isn't four hours over two nights a somewhat onerous demand for a TV show to make of our time?
• That said, ohmigod, can you wait for tonight's installment?
• Even in the supersecret, highstakes, subterfuge-filled world of CTU, wouldn't you expect the news that a man thought to be dead for 18 month is in fact not dead to make people do at least, say, a very quick double take?
• A tough one: Is Audrey Raines, Wayne Palmer, or President Logan the worst actor?
• And, finally, we present just one sentence from Friday's Times review — "[T]he counterterrorism unit office looks more like the headquarters of Creative Artists Agency than the Central Intelligence Agency" — and the below pictures of, at left, I.M. Pei's famous, light- and art-filled CAA Headquarters and, at right, 24's dark and claustrophobic CTU Los Angeles office. Which lead to the question: Does our pal Alessandra ever make any sense?