A ten-year-old child in Maryland was impaled this morning in a terrible sledding accident.
According to the Baltimore Sun, the child was impaled by a piece of rebar while sledding in Monday's snow in Harford County. Rich Gardiner, spokesperson for Harford Fire and EMS, said the child was extricated around noon. From the Sun:
The Maryland Shock Trauma Center's Go Team, called to emergency scenes which might require some advanced medical support, was requested, but later canceled, Gardiner said.
[Image via Shutterstock]