Do something smart this week — or drink someone's free beer.
- Mobile Design: A Lifestyle Approach: Learn about interaction design in handhelds and other non-PC interfaces.
- PBwiki Meetup: Get drunk at the house of this dot-com startup's CEO.
- SV Bloggers Third Wednesday: Hang out at the Cupertino Coffee Society with bloggers from the South Bay.
- AIGA Traveling Lounge: Hang out with designers at Martuni's (off SF's Market Street) and, according to the event listing, complain about clients. Should be good for some gossip.
- Third Thursday: Social Media in Marketing & PR: Michael Arrington, blogger at TechCrunch, will speak. So you know every eager startup PR rep is going.
- "Email — Should the Sender Pay?": EFF Fundraiser, Debate Between Esther Dyson and Danny O'Brien: Hear the EFF's Danny O'Brien call CNET's Esther Dyson a tool of the extortionist hegemony; hear Esther call Danny a soft-headed commie luddite. Bring fruit to throw in case they get too civil.