Apparently there is a new boom (not a bubble! not a bubble!) in the Valley. I WAS NOT PREVIOUSLY AWARE. Fortune hands down its mighty investment wisdom for the Web 2.0 boom:
- Gee, Google's stock sure does fluctuate!
- "If the company can improve in search [...] the potential upside is dramatic." That's right! If Yahoo does its business better, it could earn more money! Are you taking notes?
- If Facebook went public, it might be a tad overpriced.
- Some companies make money without looking trendy.
- Akamai, which jumped to $345 in the 2000 and sank to 56 cents, is back up, trading at a 44 price/earnings ratio — wait, no, the bubble IS back.
- Comcast sucks. Buy it.
- Rupert Murdoch is a clever dude.
- Okay, go buy mutual funds. Pussy.
- So the trick here, the secret investor tip, is "Buy low, sell high." Seriously, why aren't we charging for this advice?
The boom is back [Fortune]