Having not been the subject of any of his tempramental emails, the Observer was thus not banned from former Page Six reporter Ian Spiegelman's party for his new novel, Welcome to Yesterday. And good thing, or we'd never gain such insight into the mind of a literary talent. Some of Spiegelman's quotables:
• "Oh," said Mr. Spiegelman. "I thought that was fucking what-his-face's kid."
• "No one made you," Mr. Spiegelman said. "You drive a fuckin'—"
• "Listen, Jersey, I will put you down. I will—down like a sick dog."
• "I'll have another Scotch out of your skull."
• "I'm gonna stab you in your belly and pull your guts out and rub 'em on your bald head."