No worries. Here are nine reasons you're not missing a thing.
- The above picture is Netscape's top story.
- Http://beta.netscape.com doesn't actually work — it's the clumsy WWW.beta.netscape.com. Details, AOL! Details!
- Yeah, by the way, it's AOL. AOL of the "eternal September" of clueless newbies. AOL, which was so bad that old-school Net users thought @aol.com meant kids from some lowbrow public college were logging onto Usenet. AOL, which has yet to even produce a decent set of coasters. (You know what I mean.)
- That vile teal color is so '98. Not that we're ones to talk, but Digg is a lot prettier.
- The vote button is ugly too.
- 24-hour chat. Because AOL chat sure has made the Internet a classy place.
- There's a channel called "Women." Hello iVillage! Goodbye pretense of gender equality!
- Half the other entries are about Netscape. It's one thing for a newbie site like Digg to be systematically self-obsessed — but geez, Day 1 and a post-facial old-fogey site Netscape is already all about itself? Call the Fonz — that's one impressive shark jump.
- Hating it just seems right, ya know?
Netscape Beta [Official site]
Earlier: AOL team leaks Digg-killer shots just in time for Digg-killer-killer [Valleywag]