Now that Wired News is reunited with Wired proper, the healing process can begin for the tiny online outlet. An industry reporter told Valleywag just what Wired needs to do.
- Pay their writers a respectable wage. Wired pays $2 per word; WN paid 50 cents. (But an internal e-mail says that for now, that pay rate won't improve.)
- Stop running so much non-original/non-news content. After all, that's what blogs are for.
- Let WN writers write long when the subject merits it.
- Clean up that ugly site. For one, get rid of that stupid ad that takes over the whole page.
- Hire full-time reporters, not just editors.
- Publish early and often — this once-a-day crap doesn't cut it.