The startup vet at OnStartups.com (motto: "Those who can't IPO, teach") listed six great questions anyone joining a startup should ask, including "How much cash is there, where did it come from and how long will it last?" and "Will the founders get along when the going gets tough?"
But there are a few questions you really ought to avoid.
- How much time do I have to waste here before my options vest and I can split?
- What's the totty ratio?
- Did you get on TechCrunch yet?
- Can I get an unpaid internship?
- How far is company HQ from the back door of the Googleplex cafeteria?
- What's your Web 2.0 sign?
Joining A Startup? Top 6 Questions You Should Ask [OnStartups.com]