- If you're going international, stash your laptop; US airports are banning carry-on electronics for overseas flights.
- You bring a book. Because airport bookstores are only carrying Freakonomics (which you read last year) and the latest Dan Brown knockoff.
- You may be asked to check your cell phone as well. Which, in the case of a real terrorist hijacking, would make for a terrific situation.
- No liquids means you can't bring that Starbucks with you — lucky you, you get airline coffee!
- I'd tell you to stow your sunscreen, but we both know you aren't getting any sun anyway.
- That prototype media player for Microsoft? That should probably stay home altogether.
- Sigh. Your iPod's probably safe.
Go Without a Laptop? Travelers to London Wring Their Free Hands [LA Times]