NICK DOUGLAS — A Business 2.0 blogger yesterday blew up Google's tweaked Zeitgeist (which tracks gainers, not top searches). He also deconstructed the PR-friendly "top" lists made by AOL and Yahoo (revealed: AOL's real top searchword is "google"). But what are the top searches on sites like Facebook, Wikipedia, and Craigslist?
I have no idea, so I made them up. Hey, if Yahoo does it, so can I.
- boba fett death disputed
- tricia helfer
- perl vs. python
- futurama in-jokes
- africa deletion insignificant
- super-saturated landscape
- photos with bad blur passed off as "artistic"
- blogger conference
- more damn sky
- hazing law
- hot girl sociology 201
- if 100,000 people join this group al gore will run for president
- up for: "anything i can get"
- math homework
- productivity tips
- stock market
- children's games
- complete works of shakespeare
Digg and Reddit (these were oddly identical)
- digg vs. reddit
- wtf is a false dichotomy
- that blogger conference i saw on flickr
- spaghetti monster places of worship
- giztoto— engageme— cruncherbot— whatever blog knows when i can get an iphone
- "free rent"
- "free rent" -"free sex"
- drum circle
- my stolen bike