- Reason I came to VON, a conference that means both "Video on the Net" and "Voice on the net": Free press pass, free coffee and it's brighter than my home office
- Number of times, when writing Valleywag for a year, that I expressed interest in bullshit voice-over-IP deals: 0
- Number of times I expressed interest in sitting down at a conference with a voice-over-IP exec: 0
- Number of press releases over the past 12 days announcing bullshit voice-over-IP deals and requesting that I sit down with execs: 42
- Number of articles I have to write about VON to justify my press pass: 1
- Aaaaaand done!
Nick Douglas writes for Valleywag, from home or from anywhere with free food.