- After a long gestation period,
NoLiTa'sSoHo's Provence, now in the capable hands of Five Points and Cookshop patrons Vicki Freeman and Mark Meyer, will open next week.
- Chickie Pig's Martin Kirschner tells us his LES pizzeria is still at least a month away from opening. Liquor license? "It's still pending. I don't like talking about it. It gives me bad karma."
- As reported by Eater and confirmed by its uptown brother, Prince St.'s Panino Sportivo is indeed temporally closed. Sad for Federico, Giacomo, Stefano, Wyatt and the other 58 Panini now out of a job.
- LES favorite Alias is bidding Adieu to its chef Shane Philip Coffey who is off to Aspen. Our vote? Ne-Ron-I! Ne-Ron-I! Ne-Ron-I!
Oh, That Explains the Diarrhea
- The secret ingredient in Jamba Juice's Non-Dairy Smoothie is dairy. [Consumerist]