- Post calls out News' circulation figures: The "paper's overreliance on bulk sales is propping up a single-copy sales disaster." Expect some lame News response involving the phrase "New York area" tomorrow. [NYP]
- The Dolan family may finally be able to take Cablevision private. [NYT]
- Former Newsweek editor Mark Whitaker jumps to NBC News. [WWD]
- The Times has chosen an ombudsman to succeed Byron "Barney" Calame, may announce name within days. [E&P]
- Steve Rattner's Quadrangle Group supposedly the front-runner in the bid for Dennis Publishing tiles Maxim, Stuff, and Blender. [NYP]
- Lindsay Lohan gives Radar's busy Photoshop department this month off as she becomes the first real live person to pose for the cover. [R&M].
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.