Glaring Omissions reproduces tips received from readers in the last week that weren't covered on Gawker, either by accident (it happens!) or by design (it happens more often). N.B. What an amazing week of glare! Keep those cards and letters coming!
- hi young and vivacious gawker. here's a photo of perez hilton at his party earlier tonight in nyc. celebrating something. my gift to you. maybe just credit it to me, and plug my book (the real meaning of life). people have heard of it, except not really. and be gentle. thanks, David Seaman
- Urgent in re: Race-Baiting Craigslist announcement #392787232
- A most disturbing help-wanted announcement currently on Craigslist alleges that Gawker is teaming up with Jossip to create a new, race-baiting blog to be called Milk.
- I am copying the announcement below in this e-mail.
- Please reply to everybody receiving THIS message stating whether you actually intend to launch Milk or if this is some kind of a prank somebody is pulling on you.
- Notice that I have included in the cc list an official of the NAACP, and Al Sharpton.
- Your promptest possible response is expected, and refusal to supply one would become part of eventual news reports on this topic.
- Note also that if you were to inform us all that this was a prank, we would expect that you would most energetically pursue those placing this announcement and any such announcements in the future, and we would expect never to see such a site as Milk started by Gawker and/or Jossip or any of their affiliates. In other words, were you to claim now that the announcement was a prank in order to throw us off the trail, there would be a comeuppance over that for you.
- I apologize in advance if you knew nothing of this matter and actually object to the placement of that CL ad in your name. If you are decent, you will understand why we are being so forceful in this matter. You will also contact email@example.com and have the announcement removed immediately.
- Scott Rose
- Don't worry I'm black so this isn't racist. I'm walking up to 125th on 8th ave and in the gravel open parking lot next to the magic johnson theater are assembled a group of people for a funeral. I see a "prayer station" so I as whose funeral it is. Homegirl says oh its a play. My face contorts live I've NEVER done. She says, "see that's what we want to draw attention" I walk away in shock disbelief terror etc. As I leave the actor who is the widow starts wailing progressively louder. I hear this over my ipod because it gets louder and longer. I hate us. I think I hate me for drawing more attention to it in hopes of something incredibly bitchy (via the comments if nothing) to read at work tomorrow.
- Hey Gawker,
- I wanted to check in, it's been a while since we talked. I found your blog to be a valuable source of information, and I liked your take on how would you blow up america.
- We have new features and resources coming on line all of the time. Our most recent developments out of our pipeline include the ability to send any property searched on our website to your cell phone... [etc. etc.]
- playgirl has a website - playgirl.com.
- New York magazine error: If you compare page 53 of the Ten Little Cities feature in the new issue w/ the online version, you can see that #9 Cuckoo Club is missing from the web version. Probably because they got the item totally wrong. The Cuckoo Club party is still going strong @ Maritime, not at Gansevoort, at least it was 4 nights ago. They must have gotten confused w/ the early evening party ONO does.
- Dear Gawker Media,
- Thank you for not running any stories on the Gawker site about the "news" of Caroline Hanover and her facebook antics. While I figured that schlock like that would end up on one of your sites (I just checked Wonkette about three minutes ago), I am very impressed that you chose to bypass the coverage, despite the story being on the front page of every second-tier newspaper in New York City. This shows a lot of diginity and class on your behalf, and by not running the story, you have proven yourself better than several other institutions, including Harvard University, The Harvard Crimson, Slate, the Washington Post, and CNN to name a few. As an avid reader and frequent commenter, I greatly appreciate this and hope that you continue to keep up the good work and high standards I have come to expect.
- HI TONIGHT THE MGR. (MARTIN) AT A PRIVATE PARTY ON THE ROOF AT SUSHI SAMBA # 87 7TH AVE SOUTH.. NYC. FOUND OUT THAT ONE FAKE BIIL CUNNINGHAM FROM THE NY TIMES WAS IN EATING AND DRINKING FOR FREE WHEN CONFRONTED PETER GIANQUINTO RAN FOR THE DOOR SO FAST MARTIN DID NOT HAVE A CHANCE TO "HAVE HIM ARESTED" HE AS ALWAYS HAS GAINED ENTRANCE PLUS 2 OR 3 GUESTS WITH THE POWER OF USING THE NY TIMES AS HIS SCAM... THEY CAN ALMOST NEVER GET TO CALL BACK TO CHECK OUT IF BILL REALLY DID CALL PETER G ALSO SCAMS CONCERT TICKETS BY USING DAVE BROWN MGT OR OTHER BAND MGR. NAMES FOR COMP SEAT THAT HE THEN SELLS AT THE GARDEN FOR TOP $$ A CALL TO SUSHI SAMBA WILL PROVE THIS TRUE GOOD LUCK IN LOCKING UP THE SCAM ARTIST....
- Reggie Cameron has sent you a News Story from the PoliceOne daily News.
Message: This is just too good. I wish all I had to do is give a BJ to get out of tickets/arrest! And on a cop..i''''ve got a semi just thinking about it
- i know i can't substantiate this claim with a photo or any other witnesses, but take it as you will: today, when when i realized i couldn't catch the 4 train from 86th street due to floods, i headed west in hopes of catching the 2 train downtown on the other side of the park. before i could get there, i black SUV pulled up as I was waiting at a light with a woman trying, hopelessly, to catch a cab. the man driving was the actor kevin kline. he offered both of us a ride....said he was headed to midtown. the other woman was a physical therapist in her thirties. he told us in the car "in times like these, we all just need to help each other out". He told me about the early days of his acting career, I told him about my band [NAME REDACTED] and invited him to our show at Cake Shop on the 31st of August. He said he plays in a band himself, is a big music fan and would love to! We'll see...anyways, I figure most people only write in to report the moments celebrities would rather not have hit the papers and that they deserved credit where credit's due. Believe me or not, Kevin Kline was offering rides to strangers to help out when the subway was down.
- Deborah Schoeneman added you as a friend on Facebook... Deborah added you as a friend on Facebook. We need you to confirm that you are, in fact, friends with Deborah.
- To confirm this friend request, follow the link below:
The Facebook Team