For various reasons, we got lost in the Gawker archives last night. So what happened on this day in years gone by?
- 2006: Simon & Schuster published an anonymously-authored screed called "I Hate Ann Coulter" and Hachette Filapacchi offered sneak previews of their hot new magazine Shock! Neither went well.
- 2005: Publicist Peggy Siegal famously said of her dermatologist: "She takes the fat out of my ass and puts it in my face, so when you're kissing my face, you're kissing my ass."
- 2004: Wonkette's Ana Marie Cox appeared on cover of New York Times mag.
- 2003: PETA resumed anti-fur actions in New York.
- 2002: The Lower Manhattan Development Corporation picked six architects to design the World Trade Center! Yeah, that also went swimmingly.