Tonight's a big one on the social scene — and Web 2.0 Summit hasn't even opened yet. Have a hearty meal and drink lots of water beforehand. You'll need to fortify your defenses to get through the night. Oh, and practice your French, too. Mais oui!
- The French Embassy is having a soirée at 5:30 at Mighty in Potrero Hill. [Facebook]
- The Wall Street Journal's Don Clark leads the Third Annual Tech Industry Charity Jam at 7 p.m. at the Rickshaw Stop. [Jam Party Invite (pdf)]
- The DNA Lounge, owned by early Netscape employee turned nightclub promoter Jamie Zawinski, hosts Ignite SF, a networking event with presenters ranging from Charles River Ventures VC Susan Wu to San Francisco mayoral candidate Chicken John. [Upcoming]
- Conde Nast's news-aggregator site Reddit is hosting an open bar at the Gallery Lounge from 7-9 p.m. [Reddit Blog]
- We hear that VCs Eric Chin and Mike Jung are throwing an intimate get-together at Fluid, 2 South Park Street in SoMa, to bring together all of the guests from their monthly Alpha dinners in Woodside.
Got a to-do that's a must-do? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out more events on our Google Calendar: