PrivacyWatch celebrity sightings are submitted by our readers, and are posted several times a week, so send them in often. Submit yours to tips[AT]defamer.com (please put "sighting" or "PrivacyWatch" in the subject line so we don't lose them) and tell everyone about the time you spotted the guy whose voice was the last Tony Soprano ever heard.
In today's episode: Keanu Reeves, Alex Winters, Pharrell Williams, and Takashi Murakami; Jack Nicholson; Jason Schwartzman; Don Johnson and Michael Rapaport; Jay Leno and Coley Laffoon; Steve Perry; Brad Garrett; Kal Penn; Zachary Quinto; Adrian Grenier; Chris Sarandon; Nicky Hilton; Kristy Swanson; Shannon Tweed; and Audrina Patridge.
· At the Murakami exhibit opening this Saturday night, Oct. 27, at the MOCA Geffen Center, Pharrell Williams and his entourage of Billionaire Boys Club' wearing peeps (all surprisingly Asian) posed for pics amongst 3-D anime sculptures shooting body fluids. Takashi Murakami, friendly, laid back and cool in John Lennon glasses, rambled about, occasionally being noticed by art lovers, and happily drawing figurines on programs, handbags and merchandise. Though a select few patrons sported Halloween costumes or outrageous attempts at fashion that could be considered Halloween costumes, the top prize goes to Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter. Okay so they didn't dress up, but everyone still thought "Holy shit, Bill and Ted are here!" Keanu was taller and leaner than my friend anticipated, but she found his scraggly beard a huge turnoff. Alex was short and stocky, but he got most of the attention, probably because people were just shocked to see he was actually alive and out in public with Keanu of all people.
· Walking into the Beverly Hills Hotel last Tuesday (10/23), passed Jack Nicholson leaving the establishment. He was both shorter and rounder than I'd ever dared to dream. Despite being confronted by the harsh realities of Hollywood legend shrinkage, it was possibly the greatest moment of my sad, sad life.
· Jason Schwartzman at the Four Seasons on Doheny for Sunday brunch, loading up his plate with seafood. He still needs to wash his hair.
· It must have been Famous Dad Day at the AYSO games at Pan Pacific Park on October 27th. First I saw Don Johnson chatting with the other parents on his son's team. He looked just as if he had stepped out of the television and into real life. And then I spotted Michael Rapaport, who thankfully looked way better than he has looked on t.v. as of late.
· Saturday, October 20th, AYSO game at Pan Pacific Park.
Heard a man's voice cheering "Alright, Homer. Yes!" Being the Hollywood-y AYSO league that it is, I didn't think too much of the unusual name until I spotted the enthusiastic dad and realized that it was Coley Laffoon (aka. the ex-Mr. Anne Heche). Sad that I immediately recognized him. Anyhow, seemed like a very low-key, loving, involved dad - thank goodness for that kid's sake. BTW - the kid is totally adorable and looks just like a little boy version of his mom.
Friday, October 26th, 7:40 a.m., Mulholland Westbound @ the 405
Stopped at a light and glanced to my side to see an enormous head with a very distinct profile in the car right beside me. Jay Leno! He was driving a new little Mazda RX8 which just seemed way beneath his usual automotive taste but at least it's pretty anonymous (not so much this time).
Friday, October 26th, noon, Sunset and Cahuenga
The ubiquitous Michael Rapaport in his car on Sunset waiting to turn left on Cahuenga while checking his Blackberry/PDA. Looks like he might have lost some weight... or maybe the huge SUV made him look slimmer.
· Holy Christ, I just saw the golden-throated Steve Perry at Mulberry Street in Encino. I remarked to my boyfriend that the man wearing an oversized brown hoodie, shorts & nikes resembled a young Perry to which he replied "one of the biggest a-holes in music, I hear". Man turns to leave with his take out pizza and I saw it was HIM! I loudly said 'it's him!!!". Perry leaves with my cool, too.
· Oct 30 - At last night's scorching hot Springsteen show (no, really, it was super hot in there) - I saw BRAD GARRETT, being tall and in a green Jets shirt. And that's it. Seriously, I finagled a floor ticket, and the best celebrity I got was the star of "Til Death"? I was at least hoping for a Cusack, maybe. Then again, I was also hoping for "Thunder Road" in the encore; you can't get everything.
· Late Saturday morning (Oct. 27), I caught a glimpse of Kumar himself, Kal Penn, at a West Hollywood Whole Foods buying hot vegetarian fare from the help yourself fresh buffet area. Yeah, he's vegetarian, which makes the whole "White Castle" scene where he eats the Sliders rather unconvincing now. Damn, I hate it when Hollywood loses its magic! Anyway, apparently he's not a Hillary supporter because I saw he had an Obama t-shirt on.
· I spotted Zachary Quinto walking his dog on Sunset in Silver Lake on Mon. Oct 29, around 9 pm. Scruffy, glasses. Applied the Vulcan Death-Grip to his mutt when it refused to heel, then I drove off, so don't know what happened next. (That's a lame attempt at a joke, animal-lovers.)
· Saw Vinnie Chase, er, Adrian Grenier at the Interpol show at the Forum Tuesday night, with a young chippy in tow. She seemed to be so enamored with him that she probably had to be reminded that there was a concert going on. His view was seemingly obstructed by three chubby cholas doing some bad 80s Duran Duran-esque sashaying. Too bad Turtle wasn't around to distract them with his mad lady skillz.
· A bit old, but: 10/24, at that dreadful BH art show in the park my mom dragged us to, none other than Prince Humperdinck, Chris Sarandon, still looking pretty hot, eatin' his roasted corn with the common-ish people.
· On Saturday 10/27 I saw Nicky Hilton at Al Gelato (I do not recommend the hazelnut flavor) on Robertson. She was sitting at an outside table with a group of friends who sounded foreign to me. Her weave was looking slightly unkempt, I would say probably due to the fact it was drizzling.
· Oct 26 - So there I am in Santa Monica paying for the wonderful eyebrow wax I'd just received, when I hear a woman's voice say to the Nail Gal "wow, you did a great job on her eyebrows!" I look across and who should I see getting their nails furiously buffed but the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Kristy Swanson. She had her baby in her lap and while I cannot vouch for his ability to dance, I can say that the kid certainly has some powerful lungs. She looks very mom-ish these days, but not in a bad way.
· Privacy Watch: Monday, October 29, 2007 - 5p. - Beverly Hills Nails on Bedford - Shannon Tweed getting a manicure. No color Intel available.
· 10/26 - Saw Audrina Patridge at the very unHills-y Cafe 50s in West LA enjoying a mid-afternoon snack with a friend. She looked pretty much the same as on TV, though surprisingly tall.