- His name is Spike
- His name is Spike...and he has a lisp
- He is obsessed with superheroes and wrote his college applications on 'The Green Lantern'
- He has an ex-girlfriend named Raffi
- He made this movie.
- Spike's mom grew up in Africa and liked to play with snakes! (Ahem!)
- Spike's new girlfriend, Rose, is "really quite precocious!"
- Spike has laid a Super-8 track into his movie of Rose singing so that you too may sample her sonorous tones in the event you care to answer the junior Carter when he asks, "Isn't her voice pretty?"
- Spike is a fan of fading hipster chic! "Growing up in Manhattan as a private school kid, the Strokes really spoke to me and my friends from seventh grade on."
- Spike likes to shop around for his education; he went to five different schools, among them Collegiate ("It was all boys and pretty dumb. I didn't like it there,") and St. Ann's.
"This is a mosaic of someone caught," says Spike about his film. "Someone simultaneously too mature and not mature enough. It's awkward, but friendly. They see love and obsessions and 'Back to the Future.' They hear happiness and enthusiasm but also confusion. It's almost a purgatorial exercise."
My, but isn't that Spike one introspective little scion! We hear he's not the nattiest guy around, but hey, Manhattan's young elite set could do a lot worse. Best to nab him before his hair succumbs to its genetic craziness.