PrivacyWatch celebrity sightings are submitted by our readers, and are posted several times a week, so send them in often. Submit yours to tips[AT]defamer.com (please put "sighting" or "PrivacyWatch" in the subject line so we don't lose them) and tell everyone about the time you spotted Jeff Garlin at an "Up With Kirk!" rally.
In today's episode: Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon; Jack Nicholson and Ice Cube; Hayden Christensen; Dax Shepard; Richard Edson; Pierce Brosnan; Lindsay Lohan; Bill Nighy and Alicia Silverstone; Beau Bridges; Sandra Oh; Marcia Cross; Hayden Panettiere; Jeff Garlin; Anton Yelchin; Ashley Tisdale; Dean Cameron; and Dave Annable.
· Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon were on my flight from SFO to Burbank Monday afternoon. They sat very far away from the gate and of course, kept their sunglasses on the whole time. At one point, I saw him put his head on her shoulder while she stroked his back. Once everyone was on-board except for us stragglers, they snuck in through the United VIP line. Honestly, with no bodyguards or hangers-on, they made more of a production of themselves, looking completely sullen and put-upon in that totally obvious "Don't you dare look at me, I'm famous" way. Like, one girl recognized them and didn't really seem to care, and most people just wondered who the tools in the sunglasses were. Once I was in line to board, I got stuck behind Jake as he tried to load his bag in the overhead bin. But once he saw that a girl in her 20s was standing right behind him, he totally dropped the bag, sat down, and kinda covered his face.
· Last Friday at the Laker game, I had the obligatory Jack Nicholson sighting. Way more fun was Ice Cube in one luxury box and photographer Michael "I filmed Kim Kardashian's mom naked" Segal in another.
Saturday I saw Richard Edson (the guy who takes Ferris' car and says, "Trust me. I'm a professional.") at Café 101. (Thanks IMDB!)
Today I saw Hayden Christensen at Runyon Canyon in all his shirtless hiking glory. Was not wheezing like Darth Vader. Then I saw a very freshly-tattooed Dax Shepard at Starbucks in Studio City on my way to work. Very tall and surprisingly cute.
· I saw Pierce Brosnan yesterday Nov 12 on the 3rd st promenade. looking surprisingly together, like he had stepped off the set of of the thomas crown affair 2, or something. I thought who is that handsome guy with all the shopping bags who looks like Pierce Brosnan. oh, fuck, it IS pierce brosnan! ha.
· 11/8 - Had my first paparazzi swarm sighting since moving here almost 2 years ago (weird, I know) at Bossa Nova on Sunset, caused by none other than Lindsay Lohan and her giant boobs, accompanied by an older model Lindsay (Dina?) and bodyguard. What kind of town is this where even a fresh-out-of-rehab former child superstar can't eat her moderately priced Brazilian/Italian fusion cuisine in peace?
· Friday, 11/9 - Saw Alicia Silverstone & Bill Nighy meeting up over snacks and tea at the Newsroom in BH. Strange (platonic) pair, until my friend reminded me that they were in a movie together not too long ago. He looked like he always does: natty, though slightly frumpy, glasses, adorable; she looked cute as a button and like she hadn't aged since Clueless. If being a vegan makes your skin look that good, I'm switching to that team pronto.
· While in the 15 or less (maybe 10?) check out line at the Ralphs in Malibu on Saturday, spotted Beau Bridges behind us. Among his purchases was a bag of green colored fruit - not limes. Wearing a forest green t-shirt and baggy gross navy blue sweatpants, he ignored all us fellow non D plus celebrities. When my friend had to leave the line to get an extra item he didn't complain, but did slapped down a People and Us Weekly magazine in a huff to add to his purchases. Overall pleasant demeanor but a little ragged looking. Perhaps that's the Malibu look? He has crazy eyebrows.
· 11/15 - La Poubelle — Sandra Oh having dinner with a small group of friends. None of this "please don't let me be seen by the masses" crap for her. Oh no, she was sitting at the first table inside the door, clearly enjoying the food and the company. I get the feeling that she goes there often since not a single person (but me) paid any notice she was there. Telling a story of some kind that required lots of waving and arm movements, but everyone was enthralled. She looks EXACTLY like she does on TV but with a bigger head; but that could have been the poufy hair.
· Saw Marcia Cross getting off the LAX flight in JFK last night (11/14). That woman's cheekbones could cut glass. Seriously, anyone snogging with her needs to be careful. She could slice your jugular while administering a hickey.
· Waiting for my virgin america flight to sfo on the 16th and just saw hayden panettiere the dolphin saver walk by me with 2 of her friends to their nyc flight. Also walking by are the victoria secrets angels to board the nyc flight. Tsa was going crazy opening a dedicated line for them to pass through.
· Captain's Log, Stardate 3958.8 (11/15/2007). Jeff Garlin spotted in top row at Century City AMC, heartily enjoying 7:30 showing of "Star Trek: The Original Series" two-part episode "The Menagerie". He adorably yelled out "Boo!" in the darkened, tension-wrought silence before the show (after the initial promotion for the Star Trek HD DVDs), which got a good laugh—quite a feat, considering the audience was filled with grade-A, uncut, pure Columbian nerd. Myself included, I guess. (I was one of the few female specimens in attendance, I might add. Surprising? Not really.) Of course, no PrivacyWatch™ sighting, no matter how Garlin-y, can compete with Shatner's glowing smirk, which sparkled on the silver screen that evening. Captain, you can board my vessel anytime.
· 11/10 - Anton Yelchin was playing a mean harmonica at a jam party that I got invited to at Beer City Studios in Van Nuys. There was a cute young blonde girl who came with him but I couldn't tell if they were bf/gf.
· Wednesday Nov 14th - while enjoying a cheap but leisurely manicure at the Nail Garden in Studio City during my lunch break, spotted Ashley Tisdale of High School Musical fame getting her feet done. I guess she missed the big SAG rally at Universal by a day and decided to get a mani/pedi instead...
· He was an A-lister when I was 15 and think a few out there may appreciate. Monday night during "corey-oky" at Happy Endings I spy Dean Cameron (Francis 'Chainsaw' Gremp of Summer School fame) leading the 3 man Corey band. These sightings are more fun then any present day A-lister, unless of course they are running over a photographer or are Keifer Sutherland.
· 11/15—Dave Annable out with a friend at CAA-sponsored "Young Hollywood Party". An actor must always support his representation, right? Especially those young Death Star leaders in training.