A tipster writes in after seeing the MacBook Air advertisement with the uber-thin notebook removed from a manila envelope:
Way back when, DEC (Digital Equipment Corp) unveiled a really thin laptop (was it one of the Hinote machines?). Anyway, they had a TV ad that went something like this:Sound familiar ?
- man puts briefcase on a table
- opens the briefcase
- starts taking stuff out: papers, folders, etc.
- finally the briefcase is empty
- he reaches into the little pocket on the inside cover of the briefcase
- takes out a manila envelope (10x13 mailer)
- rips open the envelope
- takes out the DEC laptop and puts it on the table