Men, if you want to win over a girl, don't post ads on Craigslist. Instead, help her clean up her Wikipedia page! It sure worked for Jimmy Wales. The twice-married, now-divorcing Internet stud met his current girlfriend Rachel Marsden through the site. Here's a brief recap of the Web courtship:
- Marsden's entry, as fraught with controversy as her life, drew vociferous debate over wording and sourcing. In March 2006, Marsden announced on the site she would seek help from Wales.
- Later that summer, Wales commented that the article was "over the top" and is said to have warned the page's editors.
- By November 2006, there were reports that Wales had listened to Marsden's complaints in person.
- In August 2007, Wales separated from his wife Christine and began seeking a divorce.
- Most recently, a tipster tells us, Wales "sent a mass email to a 'special' Wikipedia list of admins at the beginning of February, right before he was set to spend the weekend with Marsden in DC. Said he wanted her page cleaned up."