Fast growing NYC based PR firm with approximately 80 professionals seeks qualified HR Director. This person will interact with senior management and will be responsible for implementing and managing a diverse HR program featuring strong recruitment duties. This is an extremely important position with significant growth potential. We welcome confident candidates to submit their credentials, cover letter and salary requirements.
- Process a variety of HR-related paperwork (e.g., payroll, benefits, new hire) according to established procedures; ensure HR forms are completed and processed appropriately.
- Maintain and input employee changes, new hire information, and termination information into HRIS.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and company guidelines.
- Draft employee related HR communications for CEO's review and/or create communications to ensure effective, accurate, and timely dissemination of information.
- Assist with payroll and benefits administration, follow-up on outstanding issues, and investigate employees' inquiries.
- Screen resumes and interview candidates for positions of all levels.
- Generate various HR-related reports for management as requested.
- Maintain a variety of hardcopy and softcopy HR records and files.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Maintain an understanding of the PR industry, competitive firms and understand how and where to recruit in this industry
Qualifications must include:
* Possess excellent communication skills
* Have a flexible management style
* Maintain strong interpersonal skills for interaction with both management and staff
* Minimum of 10 to 15 years experience in management
* Organizational and Management skills
* Demonstrate the ability to supervise administrative staff and other firm activities
* Have recruiting skills for administrative and professional staff
* Self motivated
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Good listening skills and ability to interact with all levels of employees and display genuine interest and respect for people and their concerns.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter able to work calmly and flexibly in order to respond to changing priorities.
- General knowledge of the various federal, state, and local laws and regulations relative to labor and employment issues (e.g. FLMA, COBRA, ERISA, FLSA, etc.).
- Strong pc skills, preferably MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of HRIS.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org