"What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade." —Gertrude Jekyll. Enjoy your Commies for best comments of the week, before the glory fades, after the jump.
- From Knucklehead Babylon in MySpace Hotties Prove Themselves Real:
"They should have certificates of authenticity. Like Beanie Babies." —Sheila
- From Pope John Peeps II in Candy Candy Candy:
"famous retard Thomas Friedman says:
- Gum was a pre-911 candy, when americans could lounge over the disappearing flavour of their confection, and spend all day masticating uselessly. It was a candy of indulgence and softness, which allowed terrorism to strike. In the 90s there were many bubbles. There was the stockmarket bubble, the corporate governance bubble, the terrorism bubble and the gum bubble...[continues on post]" —Hamilton
- From fiveinchtaint in Entertainment in New York City:
- From Sarcastro in Luck of the Drowned:
"I got a tremendous amount of stanky for my hang-low whilst on holiday in Burma." — I don't really know what this means, but it sounds funny. And gross.
- From EleanorRigby in Prepare to Be Robbed, IKEA Customers:
"Particle board and gravlax make people do crazy things." — Heh, gravlax
- Party Pick. Two words: CodePink. She wrote ewoqwentwee in Naughty Bits Left Out of Barbara Walters' Audiobiography:
"His tone bawday stood befaw me like Adonis himself. Wonduhwing exactwy what I had gotted myself into, he ansuhhed that question by getting INTO me. That is to say, he entuhhed me, with bweathless abandonment and waging passion. That of a centahh or maybe even, a dwagon. I. Bahbaw Wahwah. Was his."
Terrific week everyone! Nothing actually happened, but all still had plenty to say.
ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM.