Totally irrelevant newsweekly-turned-listicle-magazine US News & World Report brings you a straight-talking list of ten tips for managing an office full of 20-somethings, according to old business dude G.L. Hoffman. His pointers include "Add value," "Let them use their media," "They want standards," and "Expect varied, non-chain-of-command type communications." Whatever that means. As an actual 20-something, I'm communicating up G.L. Hoffman's chain of command that this list is straight up crapola. You are old and your advice is dorky, Mr. Hoffman! And too long—we 20-somethings have no attention span (or respect for our elders), due to drug use. After the jump, five real tips for managing an office full of 20-somethings, should you ever find yourself in such an unlucky position:
- Food: Can we get some free food up in here?
- Shut Up: Dude, you are old and we already know how to do this stupid job, so please just shut up.
- Don't Sweat It: Don't sweat it, man. We got it all under control. Don't freak out.
- Money: Pay us more, why don't you?
- Work: It totally sucks. Nothing you can do about it. Sorry.