- Goldman Sachs reports that earnings slipped 11% in the second quarter, but still better than expected [WSJ]
- Meanwhile, Goldman is shedding M&A bankers [Dealbook]
- Hedge funder Phil Falcone plans to cut ties to his partner, Harbinger, and expand [NYP]
- Many smaller hedge funds are having trouble raising money and generating returns [WSJ]
- Will the change in leadership at AIG give Hank Greenberg an upper hand? [NYP]
- The family-owned Loews Corp won approval to change their ticker to a coveted, single letter. Now Jimmy Tisch can paint an "L" on his limo with pride [Reuters]
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.