1) At the Harold Pratt House, the New Yorkers For Children Fall Gala was previewed with a Tuesday night gathering of Campion Platt, Andre Leon Talley, Jeffrey Kalinsky, Beth Rudin DeWoody, Dayssi Olarte De Kanavos, Douglas Hannant, Kate Schelter, Katie Lee Joel, Derek Blasberg, Debbie Bancroft, Joy Bryant, Daniel Benedict and Andrew Saffir, Annelise Peterson, Jamee Gregory, Fern Mallis, Jennifer Creel, Fabiola Beracasa, Oscar De La Renta, Thakoon Panichgul, Tom Florio, Zac Posen, Zani Gugelmann, Lauren Santo Domingo, Phillip Lim, Heather Mnuchin, and Peter Som. [Guest of a Guest]
2) Many of the above then headed down to Chelsea, where the fashion crowd embraced their new style icon Michelle Obama at a cocktail party and dinner fundraiser organized by Vogue and Calvin Klein.
Isabel and Ruben Toledo, Thakoon Panichgul, Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley, Lauren Santo Domingo, Zac Posen, Tory Burch, Kelly Killoren, Grace Hightower, Eva Amurri, Cynthia Rowley, Julie Gilhart, Andrew Saffir and Daniel Benedict, Katie Ford, Amanda Brooks, Katie Lee Joel, Cynthia Nixon, Linda Fargo, Iman, Tonya Lewis Lee and Spike Lee, Isaac Mizrahi, Marci Klein, Samantha Boardman and Aby Rosen, André Balazs, Harvey Weinstein and Georgina Chapman, Monique Lhuillier and Tom Bugbee, LL Cool J, and Nicole Miller all toasted the prospective First Lady and gushed about her elegance and charisma. [Fashion Week Daily]
3) Still the same Tuesday night, the Whitney Contemporaries bash at Skylight Studios packed in Fabiola Beracasa, Tinsley Mortimer, Rachel Bilson, Coco Rocha, Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann, Doutzen Kroes, Leigh Lezark, Michelle Trachtenberg, Doo-Ri Chung, Maria Cornejo, Eva Amurri, Monet Mazur, Julia Stegner, James Franco, Joy Bryant, Melissa Bent, Peter Som, Roopal Patel, Ivanka Trump, Jamie Johnson, Annelise Peterson, Gretchen Moll, Lou Doillon (above left), Byrdie Bell (above right), Katie Lee Joel, Lisa Anastos, Zani Gugelmann, Tara Subkoff, and Linda Fargo—who collectively proved that Hervé Léger bandage dresses do not, contrary to popular belief, flatter every figure. [Style.com]
4) No wonder Wednesday night was a little quiet; still, a few people made it Bulgari's Diagano Watch launch party at the IAC building, including Kristian Laliberte, Derek Blasberg, Sean Avery, Amy Sacco, Alessandra Balazs, and Melissa Berkelhammer, and later to the Beatrice Inn, where Rock and Republic threw a party that saw Kirsten Dunst, Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez, May Andersen, Andre Balazs, Kelly Killoren, Julia Restoin Roitfeld and Magnus Berger, Phillip Crangi, and JD Samson drinking Champagne 'till 4am. [Paper/Fashion Week Daily]
5) Meanwhile, a little further downtown, a more sedate crowd had spent the evening viewing Matthew Broderick and Brittany Snow's new film Finding Amanda at the Tribeca Grand, followed by a party at the SoHo Grand Penthouse, where Narciso Rodriguez, Cynthia Rowley, Bettina Zilkha, Debbie Bancroft, Maggie Rizer, Denis Leary, Steve Guttenberg, Nathan Lane, Amy Sacco, and Kimberly Guilfoyle ate Japanese food and said polite things about the movie. [Fashion Week Daily]