- Indian steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal is joining Goldman Sachs' board. [Bloomberg]
- There's renewed speculation that Merrill Lynch will sell its stake in Bloomberg LP as the bank faces the likelihood of yet more write-downs. [MarketWatch]
- To reduce infighting at the top, Citigroup plans to overhaul its bonus system for hundreds of its senior managers. [FT]
- Crude oil crossed a record $143 a barrel amid concern that Iranian supplies may be disrupted. [Bloomberg]
- Global investors cut their holdings in stocks to the lowest level in five years in June. [Guardian]
- It's been a lousy year for venture capitalists. [NYT]
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.