- The Weather Channel was sold by Landmark Communications to NBC Universal, Bain Capital, and Blackstone for just under $3.5 billion. [NYT]
- Merrill Lynch is moving closer to selling its stake in Bloomberg LP and may explore selling off its stake in BlackRock, too. [WSJ]
- Beleaguered automaker GM is planning to cut thousands of jobs and mulling whether to shed brands like Saturn and Saab. [WSJ]
- InBev's hostile takeover bid for Anheuser-Busch just got more hostile: the Belgian-Brazilian brewer moved to oust every member of the U.S. brewer's board. [Reuters]
- Jamie Dimon has high hopes for the prime brokerage unit JP Morgan acquired from Bear Stearns. [Bloomberg]
- Germany's Fresenius will buy U.S.-based APP Pharmaceuticals for $4.6 billion. [Bloomberg]
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.