- Graydon Carter has backed out of hosting Vanity Fair's next Oscar party at Tom Colicchio's LA iteration of Craft because he doesn't like the Century City complex spot's "corporate feel." Laurent Tourondel's BLT on Sunset Strip will probably host the celeb-glutted affair instead. [P6]
- It's official: Danny Meyer will open a second Shake Shack at Citi Field, the Mets' new stadium. His Union Square Hospitality Group will also operate several other concessions, including an outpost of Blue Smoke, a taqueria, and a fries stand called Pop Fries. [Eater]
- A look at the "family meal"—what restaurants serve up to the staff—at various spots around town. [City, via Eater]
- It looks like the Red Hook Ball Fields vendors will open for business the weekend of July 19th or 26th. [EIT]
- New York's five families... of celebrity chefs. [Grub Street]
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.