- Did Goldman Sachs have a hand in the downfall of Bear Stearns? London-based traders at the firm are now under investigation for spreading negative rumors [WSJ]
- Time Warner chief Jeff Bewkes has stepped up talks with Yahoo and Microsoft over merging or selling AOL to one of the companies. [Reuters]
- The SEC took dramatic steps to curb the short selling of major financial stocks. [Reuters]
- Lehman's former CFO, Erin Callan, is moving to Credit Suisse where she'll head up the global hedge fund business. [Forbes]
- Congressional opposition may complicate the government's plan to bail out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. [NYT]
- Asking rents for Manhattan office space are climbing despite the tanking economy. [NYT]
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.