- Marcus Samuelsson has severed ties with the meatpacking restaurant/lounge where he promised to introduce Manhattanites to African cuisine, Merkato 55. [Eater]
- Andrew Carmellini, formerly of A Voce, says he'll return to the scene later this year with a small, rustic Italian spot. [Grub Street]
- Luca Marcato will relaunch his Upper East Side restaurant, Luca, as Cavatappo Grill. [TONY]
- Domino's new Gotham City pizza, a literally cheesy Dark Knight tie-in, appears to be regular pizza that has OD'ed on pepperoni. [Slice]
- East Village's Bar Carrera will take over the Greenwich Village space formerly occupied by DeMarco's Pizzeria, the site of a grisly murder last year. [Eater]
- Restaurant Week: blessing or curse? [amNY]
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.