- An Abu Dhabi investment fund says it has agreed to an $8 billion commercial-finance partnership with General Electric. [WSJ]
- Wachovia posted a quarterly loss of $8.66 billion, after write-downs during the second quarter totaled more than $6 billion. [WSJ]
- The department store Mervyn's may file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by early next week, unless Steve Feinberg's Cerberus figures a way out. [NYP]
- Apple issued a worse-than-expected fourth quarter forecast amid concerns about the health of CEO Steve Jobs. [NYP]
- Wall Street banks may cut bonuses by about 20 percent this year. Or so says Gov. David Paterson, who estimated that each 10 percent reduction in bonus pay costs the state $350 million in tax revenues. [NYT]
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.