- House and Senate leaders have sorted out an arrangement to prop up Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. [WSJ]
- Yahoo reported that revenue during the second quarter grew just 6 percent compared to a year ago, and that net income dropped 19 percent. [NYT]
- John Paulson is planning a new hedge fund. [Bloomberg]
- Google is in serious discussions to acquire Digg for "around $200 million." [Techcrunch]
- Former Bear Stearns hedge fund manager Ralph Cioffi has a new lawyer, Brendan Sullivan of Williams & Connolly, the same man who defended Oliver North. [NYT]
- The controversy over George Bush's comments about Wall Street getting "drunk" continues. [Dealbreaker]
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.