- Dick Fuld's Lehman Bros is considering selling Neuberger Berman for as much as $8 billion. [Reuters]
- Morgan Stanley is poaching brokers from Merrill Lynch. [Dealbook]
- Steve Schwarzman's Blackstone Group has set aside $1.25 billion to invest in subprime real estate and acquire "troubled loans on the cheap." [NYP]
- Wachovia's CFO has stepped down. [NYT]
- Two private equity firms, including David Matlin's MatlinPatterson, are eyeing BankUnited Financial. [WSJ]
- Microsoft has given up on plans to acquire Yahoo. Again. [LAT]
- Absolut vodka is now officially in French hands. [Daily Telegraph]
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.