- CVS has agreed to buy Longs Drug Stores for about $2.7 billion. [Bloomberg]
- Two out of every three corporations in the U.S. paid no federal income taxes from 1998 through 2005. [NYT]
- H&R Block is selling its brokerage business to Ameriprise Financial. [Dealbook]
- The pizza chain Uno will have its credit rating cut to default if it misses a bond payment due this week. [Bloomberg]
- Leon Black and Bruce Wasserstein are teaming up: Apollo and Lazard will form a partnership to do private equity deals in Europe. [Dealbook]
- A Goldman Sachs-led consortium has agreed to pay $1.5 billion for a portfolio of existing private equity investments. [WSJ]
- Former HBC chief Chris Albrecht is leaving his position with Teddy Forstmann's IMG. [Nikki Finke]
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.