- Dining options at the U.S. Open will be even more gourmet this year: chef Tony Mantuano of Spiaggia in Chicago will offer tapas-like eats at his Wine Bar Food. [NYSun]
- SHO Shaun Hergatt (huh?) is a "lavishly conceived, 12,500-square-foot eatery and lounge" that will open in the Setai on Broad Street this fall. [NYP]
- Magnolia is opening in Midtown in September. And Ryan Grant is the new chef at Elizabeth on the LES. [NYT]
- R&L, the restaurant that replaced Florent, is still closed. [Eater]
- Thanks to the environmental concerns and the faltering economy, even bottled water devotees are beginning to turn to tap. [WSJ]
- Shockingly, it seems waiters often try to steer you to the most expensive dishes on the menu. [NYT]
- A roundup of Latin food options in the Hamptons. [NYT]
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.