- Frank Bruni offers up a brief take on Marc Forgione's Forge in this week's Times and delivers a mixed review, ultimately concluding that the restaurant is "inconsistent." [NYT]
- TONY's Randall Lane also takes on Forge this week and also describes it as inconsistent, handing Forgione three out of six stars. [TONY]
- Ryan Sutton's take on Convivio: It's "Manhattan's most exciting southern Italian joint." [Bloomberg]
- Danyelle Freeman of the Daily News wasn't a big fan of the "damp" entrees at Parlor Steakhouse, although she did like the the desserts and gives the UES restaurant two out of five stars. [NYDN]
- Alan Richman can't say enough good things about Veritas' new chef, Grégory Pugin. [GQ/Forked]
- Paul Adams of the Sun says Socarrat "feels like a pleasant step off the more-authentic-than-thou merry-go-round of tapas." [NY Sun]
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.