- Steve Feinberg's investments in Chrysler and GMAC haven't gone as expected and now his Cerberus Capital is on the defensive. [NYT]
- As the rumors about Lehman's fate continue to swirl, the Journal talks to Bart McDade, the firm's No. 2, who sheds some light on what he's doing to turn the bank around. [WSJ, DBook]
- BlackRock is raising $3 billion to pick up assets that other banks want to get rid of. [NYP]
- Steve Schwarzman's Blackstone Group says its investors are happy. Presumably not the pension fund that had committed $1.7 billion to the firm's new fund but will now only put in $250 million. [WSJ]
- Andrew Cuomo may offer a fresh round of subpoenas to Bank of America execs this week. [DBook]
- Merrill Lynch's talks to sell bad loans to an Asian investment firm are breaking down over price. [Bloomberg]
- The Sun has announced it will need new capital by Oct. 1 to stay in business. [NYT]
Submitted discussions can be approved by the author or users followed by this blog.