When we're feeling masochistic, we like to peruse the blog of incompetent superflack Ronn [sic] Torossian. It's his own forum for speaking to you, the consumer, without having to go through the filter of a biased media outlet like this one. So in the spirit of fairness and education, we're bringing you five of the 5WPR CEO's thoughts on how to become a successful entrepreneur-all in that inimitable Ronn style. At the end, we submit a bonus tip of our own! Read and learn from a self-made success story:
- "And lastly, business (and life) isn't an "academic exercise". It's real – not theory or concept… not a fictitious name posted on a blog, but instead something very real and measured. Real business – real life – real dollars and cents. There are many who can criticize and nitpick which is easy… but working hard every day and building is a hell of a lot harder."
- "What is it that a brand can do to create enough mystique that there are pre-orders? Clearly Steve Jobs seems to have figured this out… I had the question myself this past Saturday during my 7 AM morning jog, when I saw tens of people lined up outside my local UWS movie theatre waiting for Batman."
- "Clients who need global reach can and should indeed get it, but not as a cooker cutter, but instead on a case by case basis."
- "The cure-all for the inflation problem in the ‘70s was that women went to work to supplement family income.
[A client] said that, today, with 80-90 percent of women working, we no longer have a solution as simple as the one 30 years ago. So now, how can the economy get better; by sending our children to work? Surely not!
Hence, the crisis facing today's families as the economy struggles"
- "Every day of the week, I tell employees go out, create and do. It's ok to occasionally make mistakes. Be passionate, care and try. Don't over think. Do."
And our bonus tip for success: Learn how to write.
[Counterpoint, from Ronn's blog: "With very, very few exceptions, to say that I vastly disagree would be an understatement."]