"Cuil? Isn't that French for 'ass'?" It's not, but you'll find that out soon enough when you can't remember the name of search engine Cuil.com. Here's a petite roundup of what other domains Cuil should have grabbed — and one they actually did — before launch.
- cul, n. As noted, French for bottom. Porny philosopher Georges Bataille was a fan.
- cull, n. To choose, select, or pick. Fitting, but, no.
- cuill, n. The company's former name, an old spelling left on the company's own launch press release Sunday
- cool, n. How we're supposed to pronounce it. The parked domain features one of the most charmingly random collection of search terms.
- culi.com, n. Benvenuti! from this Italian porn site.