Tucker Max, the "bet I can fuck this one-eyed chick in the bathroom after consuming 13 warm Coronas, bro" blogger and moviemaker-whose classic comedy movie script we excerpted for you this week-seems be an unpopular fellow, judging from the emails we receive around here. Considering the fact that he has built an "empire," ha, upon the stated foundation of being an asshole, it's not surprising. But it is getting a little hard to keep up. Today, we're going to give you a quick roundup of the various accusations against the man that have poured in to us. None of which are confirmed! Much like Tucker's own writing, they're just shit on the internet. Although several do seem to be in character for him:
- Amazon has deleted negative reviews of Tucker's book, for unknown reasons. Conspiracy?
- Tucker plagiarized a line in his script about "man talk" from this scene in the movie Goldfinger.
- Tucker stole some guy's fiancee over the internet (though we are suspicious of this one, because it had a rather suspect tone of "no woman can resist Tucker's sex charms").
- "It is apparent from his you tube videos that Tucker Max mistreats his cast by letting them injure themselves in their off time. One of his actresses severely bruised her leg while dancing in a bar." We have not watched said videos. Volunteers?
- Tucker has stolen story ideas from other websites. WE WILL NOT READ ALL OF HIS STORIES IN ORDER TO VERIFY THIS. Sorry.
- Tucker's network of websites, Rudius Media, is run by a cheap bastard named Tucker Max. One ex-Rudius blogger wrote about his experience of trying to get paid for six months of steady blogging work, and finally receiving the check: "Think of a very very very low number. Then divide it in half. That's about how much I got paid. Odds are, you may still be thinking of too high a number." We hear the sum was less than $100 for six months.
- Two sample (very unverified) incidents taken from the blog Tucker Max Is A Douchebag:
Tucker gets in an altarcation with a woman at a bar:
Tucker threw his drink at her, Candice threw her drink at Tucker with lightning fast reflexes, then he proceeded to grab Megan by her hair and hit her in the face with his pathetically small hands. With a bruised face, and a bruised ego, he took his shriveled penis back to his buddies.
A longtime member of the Tucker Max message boards bemoans the fact that Tucker has allowed his fame go to his head:
The more I thought about it, however, the more the fact that TM is basically lying in his stories began to bother me. His whole hook is that these stories are "true." Anyone could just make this shit up and pass it off as fiction, it would get e-mailed around a few times and be forgotten. But Tucker presents it as true, that it actually happened to him, and it didn't, he's lying and that's unacceptable. What gets Tucker his attention is people going "Man, I can't believe that this actually happened to someone, that shit is so crazy!! I wish I were him." In short, he was interesting because he represented something that many people wish they were but don't really have the balls to be. Unfortunately, he wasn't really that person, Tucker is more a persona than anything else.
- "I have a friend who used to go to Duke with Tucker; he told me that Max likes to feed on the souls of kittens and the tears or orphaned children."
Feel free to write in, Tucker.
[pic via Underage Lolita]