Our tireless nighttime editor Ryan Tate, so far away on the West Coast, posts all night while the rest of us are sleeping. But some you commenters are awake with him, saying many funny things. They can too often be overlooked, so we're doing another edition of the best comments from the graveyard shift. After the jump find five of the best sleepy time (night and early morning) comments, and of course your Party Pick of the week.
- From belltolls in Opening Line for a Protocelebrity: "All happy tumblrs are alike; each unhappy tumnblr is unhappy in its own way."
- From Aaron Altman in Julia Child Was a US Spy: Julia Child quotes: "It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it. Let's check it for prints." "Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it. And remember to run all your subsequent notes through the Cryptologizer." "I wouldn't keep him around long if I didn't feed him well. So goes interrogation." "I think the inner person is the most important. . . . I would like to see an invention that keeps the mind alert. That's what is important. This is why I'm glad I know the folks in R&D at the CIA." "He had us make some toast points, and he told us to crush the (slow-roasted) garlic out of its skin and spread it on the toast along with the chicken. Roasting tamed the garlic and gave it a lovely taste. It was absolutely delicious. And when the sodium pentathol dilute kicked in he started spilling secrets. KGB are easy."
- From onebadclam in Does Ryan Adams Want Mandy Moore Back?: "6. Never playfully hide her heroin spoon."
- From Nard in Never Have Sex With a Belgian: "Whoever pulls that dude out of there will be King of England."
- From VoxPopuli in Enquirer's Last Love Child Story Didn't Work Out So Well: "How sad that the Enquirer squandered its credibility like that. Especially on a story as implausible as a Kennedy fathering a child outside his marriage."
- And the Party Pick goes to bctx for another hilarious ask the author a question post: S Wow! Even as people rushed to her defense! A strange lot you all are. Brilliant work. Enjoy the weekend.