- From psych101 in Picture This: John McCain Visits Criminal's Yacht: "You've got punch and pie, right? Because I was told there would be punch and pie."
- From Seeräuber Jenny in Did Cindy McCain Take 80 Pills a Day?: "They were careless people, John and Cindy - they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made…"
- From overunderover in The Definitive Guide to the Beatrice Inn: Well, the mash-up of some of the regular fam-o-razi at my local: Norm the Drunk: Norm does something in film (no one knows what), and generally looks like Ron Jeremy. He's been trying to organize a bar fishing trip lately. He'll come in around two. Steve: Also a drunk. He also does something in film, and I also forget what. He'll get there early, and drink 14 martinis. By the time I get there, he's kind of useless. Is sleeping with the (ex?) wife of some dude in some metal band... —[Continues at great, hilarious length on the post...]
- From katastic in Lauren Conrad to Write Most Meta Books Ever: In an unrelated event, every book in the world just caught fire.
- From Fishnets and Cigarettes in Democrats Have Lost the Nuclear Ad Race: "Obama should have made Michael Phelps' mom his running mate."
- Your Party Pick this week goes to MaelstromAtMidnight in 5 Dumb Fannie Mae Bailout Assertions That Are Actually Secretly Smart: Ooo, ooo, me, me. Pick me. Okay, deflationary impact on the USD. Deflationary impact is defined as the physiological result occurring in the male anatomy when said male fails to score on a first date despite the amount he shelled out for dinner.
- Well done all of you! Have great weekends. Be good to yourselves. And bad to each other.
Comments here, get your comments here! Here are the six best reader comments of the week, five chosen by us on this side of the compooter wall, one chosen by YOU. Because we're struggling toward democracy! A high-functioning democracy in which our votes count five times more than yours.