- Palin get.
- David Carr's friendly "I'm sorry" column in the Monday Times.
- Catching Cindy McCain not knowing what Roe v. Wade is.
- Finds Michael Dukakis at the Democratic National Convention, gets the former presidential candidate to apologize for letting George Bush win.
- Avoids random fights with her coworkers like Keith Olbermann.
- The iconic sexism chat with America, which even John McCain tries to sample.
This doesn't really add up to a real return for Couric, but would certainly earn her "leaving on a high note" status if she should hypothetically want to leave her anchor job sometime soon!