- The emails to Ivy Frye, a Palin aide who's mentioned in the earlier email stories specifically wondering how best to hide her correspondence with the governor.
- The attached contact list (below) features an email address for husband Todd Palin that is legit. As well as an apparently genuine phone number for Bristol Palin and an address for Beth Leschper, Palin's deputy communications director.
- The email from Amy McCorkell, a known associate of Palin's from Wasilla who might have the governor's personal email address.
- Emails to and from Lt Governor Sean Parnell about a local radio talk host.
- Calls to the phone number listed for Bristol Palin apparently go to her voicemail.
- The public profile for the gov.palin address dates its last update to April of this year—well before she became McCain's running mate. So if it's a hoax, it's a hoax that began long before anyone outside of Alaska cared about Palin.
- We haven't seen these family photos before. Have we?
- The previously accessible public profiles for gov.sarah@yahoo and gov.palin@yahoo were both deleted at the same time.
ARLINGTON, VA — Today, McCain-Palin 2008 Campaign Manager Rick Davis issued the following statement concerning reports about Governor Palin's email and an invasion of privacy: "This is a shocking invasion of the Governor's privacy and a violation of law. The matter has been turned over to the appropriate authorities and we hope that anyone in possession of these emails will destroy them. We will have no further comment."