- Hey, what a miserable week. Like, for the markets. All the markets. We blame the media! Ha ha, just kidding, we blame fatcats (well, some of us blame fatcats). Actually we're kinda tossing blame around pretty freely. But we couldn't do it without you! Nor could we do it with you but these people might.
- We learned how the candidates stay so pretty and how Arianna Huffington stays so unmuddied. (Mostly. Sorta.)
- We learned that you still should probably not seek a career in journalism. But it's a fine time to make that career failure into a positive (for us, not for you).
- Oh, there was a debate, or something. Between Maverick and THAT ONE. We didn't like it because no one addressed the needs of middle class bloggers.
- We took on Hip Hop Weekly! And Julia Allison took on herself!
- What year is it? And which movie is it? One of these maybe?
- Are you smarter than a fifth grade vice presidential candidate? Oh, yeah? Really? Then where is your money, loser?
- Here is your "Friday Night Festival of Failure" topic: New Depression Playlist! There is no Muxtape anymore, and we are too broke to afford "mp3s," so after the jump we are just listing some punny suggestions from our own Gaby, Queen of Law. Add your own!
November Drain Here Comes the Slump You Don't Give Me Your Money We All Live in a Red Subprime Bad Dream You Can't Always Get What You Want Uncomfortably Numb Sorted for C's bad Biz (When Will We Get) Back to Black? I Can't Get No (Credit Action) Hesitating Duty Ain't No Fundline Let the Bad Times Roll Dole With It Heart of Lead Are You Jobless Tonight? In the Get No Selling On the River Golden Slumpers Carry That Deadweight When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Fuck Off I Shot the Bailiff Girls Just Want to Have Funds Northern Rock'n'roll Suicide Graphite is a Girl's Best Friend Bronzefinger Immaterial Girl Downtown Drain Hello Cruel World Say Oh No, Save Goodbye Bad Karma Coming Lehman Paulson Prison Blues Bailhouse Rock Golden Frown Now I Give a Fuck Going Back to Harlem Not a Penny to My Name You Look Like Crap Tonight The Red Letter One Two Three No More All My Dime is Gone