- Have the founder spend 30 minutes typing an email that you claim will be sent to email@example.com. (Don't lie, Spock would say. Exaggerate.)
- Instead, send the email — be careful here! — to one of your engineers.
- Have the engineer forward it to another engineer, with the added line CONFIDENTIAL — DO NOT FORWARD typed in convincingly at the top.
- Engineer No. 2 then forwards the mail to TechCrunch.
- Boom! For once, the morons in the press will run your message completely unedited.
Got layoffs? Don't spend hours crafting the perfect "Hard Times, Hard Choices" blog post for your leader. Here's how to hack the media to deliver your message: