Got layoffs? Don't spend hours crafting the perfect "Hard Times, Hard Choices" blog post for your leader. Here's how to hack the media to deliver your message:
- Have the founder spend 30 minutes typing an email that you claim will be sent to email@example.com. (Don't lie, Spock would say. Exaggerate.)
- Instead, send the email — be careful here! — to one of your engineers.
- Have the engineer forward it to another engineer, with the added line CONFIDENTIAL — DO NOT FORWARD typed in convincingly at the top.
- Engineer No. 2 then forwards the mail to TechCrunch.
- Boom! For once, the morons in the press will run your message completely unedited.